Have you registered all your works yet?
Only a correct and timely registration of protected works shall enable IPF, k.o. to allocate the rights revenue to the rights holders entitled to it. The rights revenue consists of royalties and remuneration for the use of the protected works that IPF, k.o. collects based on ZASP and ZKUASP provisions, the current Rules on the use of phonograms (Pravilnik o uporabi fonogramov) and other regulations, tariffs and common agreements concluded with representative associations of users and/ or decisions of the Copyright board (Svet za avtorsko pravo), and distributes it in accordance with the Performers' rights revenue distribution rules and Phonogram producers' rights revenue distribution rules.
A protected work (a phonogram with performances) may be registered by a natural person or a legal entity that holds the rights in it and submits the required data. The rights holder may be a performer, a phonogram producer or a third party entitled to receive remuneration.
The phonogram data required to be submitted to IPF, k.o. and is necessary for the rights revenue allocation:
- Recording title
- Name of main artist or soloist
- Duration of recording
- Year and country of the recording
- Date and country of the first release
- Album/ release title
- Year and country of the album release
- Name of the phonogram producer
- Phonogram producer data (name, tax ID number, share in %)
- Performers data (first and last name, tax ID number, role, type, share in %)
The performer data required to be submitted to IPF, k.o. and is necessary for the rights revenue allocation and related tax obligations::
- Name and surname
- Date, city and country of birth
- Permanent and post delivery address
- Contact data ((mobile) phone number, e-mail address)
- Tax ID number, citizenship
- Bank account number, bank name.
The data is usually submitted by the phonogram producer, but may be submitted also by a performer.
The data on phonogram producer is submitted by the phonogram producer or a phonogram producer's rights holder.
The phonogram producer data required to be submitted to IPF, k.o. and is necessary for the rights revenue allocation and related tax obligations:
- Name and surname or name of the company,
- Date, city and country of birth (for natural persons),
- Permanent and post delivery address or head office address (for legal entities),
- Contact data ((mobile) phone number, e-mail address),
- Tax ID number, citizenship (for natural persons),
- Bank account number, bank name.
IPF, k.o. collects the data on foreign phonogram producers who have not authorised IPF, k.o. directly or submitted data necessary for the rights revenue allocation and payment from the foreign phonogram producers repertoire agents and other collective management organisations with which IPF, k.o. has concluded agreements.
The individual rights holders' shares in a phonogram may be determined in the Registration of a recording form. In such case the form must include the signatures of all the rights holders in the phonogram or a document should be attached indicating that all the rights holders (separately for performers and phonogram producers) agree on the division of shares stated in the form. This shall also apply to any possible future revisions to the phonogram data, in case the revisions are related to the shares or affect any of the rights holders' rights in a phonogram in any other manner.
The recordings must be registered by 31 March of the current year for the prior exploitation period. The recording registrations received after 31 March of the current year shall be considered in the next exploitation period.
may be registered
by any rights holder:
a phonogram producer
or a performer.